FM Conway is searching for a PlantOperative to join us at our Newhaven Asphalt Plant. Working a mixture of day and night shifts, you will join us on a permanent basis and receive a competitive salary package and excellent career opportunities.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely; and where possible they are working from home. People first, go home safe.
As our Plant Operative you will be involved in the main 3 components relating to the manufacturing of asphalt. This will include operating the loading shovel and mobile plant as well as incoming and outgoing dispatch, all whilst ensuring that the outcome meets the customer’s requirements.
Responsibilities as our Plant Operative
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner that complies with FMC procedures
- Manual tasks such as lifting, sweeping, working at height within enclosed structures
- Loadout of material onto vehicles
- Undertake all loading shovel operations as required.
- Operate all weighbridge functions using customer service skills
- Follow site Health & Safety procedures
- Contribute to overall well-being and maintenance of the site and the business.
What we’re looking for in our Plant Operative
We are looking for people who are forward thinking, that want to progress their personal career development and build a sustainable future in construction and infrastructure services. Prior experience within customer service is desired plus the ability to communicate with people across different levels is key. In addition, we are searching for individuals who are happy working outside and willing to contribute to Conway’s values.
It is essential that the successful candidate holds a Full UK Driving License and highly desired that a valid Loading Shovel Ticket is also held.
Benefits of becoming our Plant Operative
- Competitive salary
- Holiday entitlement that exceeds statutory provisions
- Accident insurance cover whilst you are at work
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Vodafone discounts
- Access to FM Conway’s active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
So, if you would like to join the team as our Plant Operative then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
FM Conway is an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.