FM Conway are looking to recruit Street Lighting Operative to join the Street Lighting division, working on our Westminster contract. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package!
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely; and where possible they are working from home. People first, go home safe.
The Street Lighting Operative Role
As our Street Lighting Operative you will work within a team of ground workers undertaking electrical street lighting installations. Working across the Westminster contract you will install new and replacement street lighting.
Responsibilities of our Street Lighting Operative
- Working within health and safety plans, method statements and risk assessments.
- Working with awareness of incident reporting, SWMP and environmental plans provided.
- Interpreting scaled drawings of basic electrical installations and detailed drawings of underground cabling.
- Ensuring that all site works are executed in a time and cost-efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with the supervisor.
- Maintaining plant, vehicle and materials record sheets to support the works programme as well as ensuring that all plant is fit for purpose and maintained to required standards.
What we’re looking for in our Street Lighting Operative
To be considered for this role you must have experience within street lighting along with the following certifications:
- NRSWA units 1-9
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheel
- First Aid
- Power Tools
You will have a strong customer focus and excellent communication skills. You will have experience working under pressure whilst maintaining robust attention to detail.
Benefits of becoming our Street Lighting Operative
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Access to FM Conway’s exclusive Rewarding Great People platform
- Online shopping discounts (of up to 50%) and cashback from over 2,000 retailers
- Prize draws and a monthly lotto giving you the opportunity to win an amazing £1,000 every month or the £3,000 jackpot
- News, Health and Wellbeing Information including virtual gym classes, 24/7 GP and free eye tests.
-Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Vodafone discounts for you and your family
- Car lease discounts for you and your family
So if you would like to join the team as our Street Lighting Operative then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 13/01/2021
FM Conway are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.