We put People First to guarantee that everyone involved in our work – our employees, our partners and the public – goes home healthy and safe at the end of the day.
Thank you for your interest in a role at FM Conway.
Please complete all the fields and add any supporting information to the form below. If your application meets the job’s requirements, then one of the team will be in touch soon to discuss the next steps.
Partial Application Detected
We've detected a partial application for this role in our system. Would you like us to send you a link to resume your existing application?
Equal Opportunities Statement
About My Application
I confirm I have the right to work in the UK
I confirm that my details are complete and correct
FM Conway is currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Consultancy division, based in Sevenoaks. This role is full time and offers a competitive salary and wide range of benefits.
At FM Conway, we deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving. Our people are our greatest asset and we are always searching for talented individuals to join our family.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we are following Government guidelines and have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely. People first, go home safe.
The Structural Engineer Role
As our Structural Engineer you will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external clients throughout the project lifecycle, to guarantee technical and quality compliance through the provision of pro-active technical solutions and designs.
Responsibilities of our Structural Engineer
- Production of structural designs associated with concrete, steel, timber and masonry materials.
- Structural design of permanent and temporary works, in accordance with relevant design standards and codes of practice.
- Carrying out structural assessments of all forms of structures (highways and buildings)
- Supporting local authorities in their asset management strategies, by leading inspections of highway structures and site surveys.
- Manage health and safety during the design and construction phases.
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents by preparing fee proposals and quality statements.
What we’re looking for in our Structural Engineer
We are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE.) You will hold a CSCS card and relevant health and safety certifications. It is important that you have experience of design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete and steel. Alongside a working knowledge of CAD, Revit, NEC3 contracts and experience in general inspection and principal inspection (GI and PI’s.).
Benefits of becoming our Principal Structural Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Private healthcare
- Access to FM Conway’s exclusive Rewarding Great People platform
- Online shopping discounts (of up to 50%) and cashback from over 2,000 retailers
- Prize draws and a monthly lotto giving you the opportunity to win an amazing £1,000 every month or the £3,000 jackpot
- News, Health and Wellbeing Information including virtual gym classes, 24/7 GP and free eye tests.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Vodafone discounts for you and your family
- Car lease discounts for you and your family
So if you would like to join the team as our Structural Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 03/02/2022
FM Conway are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.